After sleeping off the sickness I got up to take some meds and wait for them to kick in. When they did, thankfully, I got a chance to go see Jenny. I missed her all last week while the family was here. We saw Toy Story 3 and it was awesome. I actually said "douche bag" in a childrens movie. lol That Lots-A-Hugs bear is bad news!!
After the movie I met the married couples (Keegan and the Bannisters) at Starbucks. Thankfully I wasnt interrogated for a change about my personal life. My life consists of working and taking care of Gpa and Miley nowadays anyway. I did get a chance to talk to my friend Diane for a long time on the phone last night though! It reminded me of the good old days when I use to talk to my lost bestfriend (YOU) on the phone for hours at night. Diane and I are so similar and both of us like to tell long stories so I know our time hanging out in LA is going to be great.
The trip is only a week away now. *squee* Im excited and nervous and anxious all at the same time! I know Im not going to see YOU but its a pretty packed trip nonetheless. German meet-up, roller derby, Disneyland, San Diego, eating out, family time, etc. I really only have 1 day unplanned and Im hoping to fill it up soon. Granted, as pathetic as you might think it is, if YOU were to call me, Id drop everything to see you and know you didn't hate me.
I still think of my lost bestfriend as someone who knows me best, is apart of my heart, and is still one of smartest, caring, special individuals I have ever gotten to know. She'll always be important to me. And maybe I pushed her away and didn't make her feel like she was that major of a friend to me, but she was and always will be. There will never be another you and I know it. Relationships change, grow, and hopefully ours is just taking a break because I miss you in my life and always wonder how things are with you. Thank you for being you.
Sitting at Starbucks with the friends, I realized how much YOU changed me. And its for the better. I grew up ALOT and maybe I got a little more boring because Im more relaxed and less wild but Im really valuing myself more. YOU made me feel good about myself and now, YOUR words are making me look at myself and become the person you believed in. Im working my ass off at work, Im maturing when I talk with people, and Im learning not to make everyone happy before myself anymore. Sometimes-- it is about me! And knowing you wanted that for me all along makes me work towards that.
Ironically, one of the stuffed animals my lost bestfriend gave me lost a thread that connected the two bears together. The fact that it is still held together by 2 more strings gave me a little sign of hope that maybe you'll be back. [shrug] And just so you know, a sock bunny still makes everything better when Im feeling awful. Best present Ive gotten in a LONG time.
Alright-- time for a little bit of 'Shiver' and then sleep. Gonna snuggle Miley, Im gonna miss my bear while Im away.
No comments:
Post a Comment