Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life, Work, and a little pampering

Where to start?
Well I just did some enjoyable FB stalking. Holy toldeo...marriage has made so many of my college friends FAT! Do you just give up once you're married? Stay hot! Be sexy for your husbands! Most of you were such skinny girls, what happened?
Then I came across someone I dont know and pictures of her newly decorated apartment. (She was a friend of a friend) And let me tell you, I am waaaay jealous. Her apt. is gorgeous! I wanna redo my house so badly but I know Grandpa will lay down the iron fist and bland color palette. The man love beige, white, tan, and maybe a little brown if you can him on a good day. Blah. I did buy some fabric with orange and lt. blue flowers on it for new pillow covers for the couch. I wanna work him down to buying my dream Ikea couch. Its a light blue sectional and makes me drool over it everytime Im in the store.

Now heres a mini letter to lady luck:
If you could do me a favor and maybe throw a bone to my family, that would be great! Today my mom got laid off. They cut 12 positions from within the company and she was one of them. I was *trying* to remain asleep in my room but when I overheard Gpa crying, my ears perked up. Then he said it... "Lori just lost her job." My stomach sank. I dont know what to do, or what I CAN do. Im just worried about her financially. I already worry that her bf might be a bit of a moocher and now this. Thank God she didnt go out and get a new car like she was thinking of doing but Im worried she wont be able to make ends meet on just unemployment. ::sigh:: Do you ever wish you could just fix everyone elses problems for them? I always do. So lady luck-- please! We've had our cars robbed, my Gpa has a hip replacement and is trying to recover, I lost someone very close to me, and now mom lost her job. Honestly, I think we need a break. Thank you.

On a good note, I got my hair done today and I am sooo in love with it, you have no idea. I feel like one of Charlie's Angels. :) And the couple of hours of pampering were just what I needed. Quiet bliss. Tomorrow I go back to work but Im gonna get a few hours in with my family before I go in. We did a night swim tonight and it was beautiful. Wish I could invite all of you to swim under the stars with me. For now, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment