Monday, September 20, 2010

Who's the new guy?

So I know people tend to get pretty confused with all the guys I tweet about in my life.
BD, PD, FC, MOB, AG, and now Im introducing AP.

BD is currently sick and during the heart-to-heart with PD the other day, we talked about my little crush. Unfortunately for me, PD says he doesnt think that BD is interested. So maybe I was right, maybe I was interrupting close friendship with interest. Who knows! Either way, Im going to back off a bit since I have already been overly forward. He CLEARLY knows Im interested, the ball is in his court because Im not going anywhere.

In the meantime! I met AP. Well not really met him because I already knew him. I ran back into him you could say. I worked at my grocery store when I was in highschool and part of college, so about 4-5years ago for 3 years. While I was there, AP worked there in the produce department. I had recently been seeing him around town at different bars when I was out with the guys. We'd look at one another but just not say anything. It was one of those situations where you see someone you worked with, but you dont really think you were friendly while working together, so why start now? Cut to Saturday night. It was ladies night if you recall so me and the girls met up with some of my boys at the local pub. It was great. I was trying out my brand new confident attitude and then by the end of the night, I caught AP out of the corner of my eye looking at me. I went over to talk to him (sort of cutting BD off mid-convo, oops) and we caught up on where we knew each other, what we've done since working together, and what we're doing now.
Hes still with the grocery store, just at a different location and he recently wrote a novel. He loves to draw, but we joked about how much harder it is to paint. He's 30, newly divorced, and has a son. His ex wife took everything but now he feels like hes never had so much money in his life because someone isnt sucking it away from him. Hes very forward and speaks his mind but also quiet and shy. He kept saying "wow, youve really grown up. and you look good!" Um...can we say blush? When he called me today and was complimenting me, I told him, "I dont know what to say when you compliment me." I love it but Im just SO far from use to it, that Im speechless. All I do is giggle.

And I have to say. Unrequited love is sort of my thing. Im always the girl on the sidelines and Ive become very comfortable with it. I always tell people that Im "retired" because its just easier. I dont wanna be hurt, people always hurt one another, and the people I like never like me back. But maybe...maybe this whole dating thing will get me off the sidelines and into the game for a round or two. Lets just hope Im not put on the injured list too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment