So I have either completed a brilliant plan or made a giant ass of myself...not sure yet but its learning towards the latter.
Tonight was trivia and I have been crushing on the guy who hosts since I first met him in maybe, November/December. I had gone with my friends to see Twilight Breaking Dawn at the dollar theater (so worth my $2.50) and we got a beer at the pub next door afterwards. We had never been there before but honestly I was just avoiding driving across town to another location just to get a beer and feel judged by my friends opinions.
Instead we walked into the beginning of trivia. Not knowing this of course I shouted out the answer prompting the host, who we will call TH, to give us a card and almost beg us to play. It was a small bar to begin with that only had 2-3 teams of people playing trivia. We figured it wouldn't be a big deal, lets play for fun and then get outta there.
So 2 rounds later, a number of ridiculous hand drawn pictures of a few good guesses later-- we WON! Team Meat Sheets brought home the gold and made semi-friends with TH. He gave me his personal twitter account name and told us to check out more of the trivia in the future after sharing adorable photos of some kids he had done trivia with earlier in the evening.
Chatting him up I came to realize he was also a Doctor Who fan. The man is planning a 50th Anniversary Doctor Who party with his mother for crying out loud! I was smitten and added him on twitter a few days later.
There's been minimal is any conversation via the tweeters for TH and I but I decided to get a group together for trivia tonight at a place just north of my house. He tweeted back saying the time and location he would be at tonight and said he hopes to see me there.
Not don't get and get your panties all hot and bothered, I was excited about the response but wasn't about to draw up wedding invites either.
So I went to trivia with the same girls as last time with the addition of a girl's husband and my BFF. We were killing it! Came prepared with all the bonus questions we hunted down ahead of time and the game was going good. We maintained a solid 2nd place throughout the whole 2 rounds.
Of course the group made me the "answer" runner and the whole night I was just a hot mess running into the servers, other game players, etc the min I would get close to TH.
Right at the end we bet it all and lost the game...it was terrible because I don't like to lose. At all. Not even a little bit.
I felt like I was just giving away my opportunities to make a connection. I had played up the Doctor Who reminder with my drawings and answers but would he have noticed? So in a fit of sheer insanity, I left him my number.
Oh! And not only did I leave the number, I wrote it on a receipt and then put it on his bag and ran away like a little girl.
AHHHHHH
So my phone has been silent all night long and I feel a little let down. I would had stayed and hung out at the venue longer but the BFF was ready to go so I felt obligated. And the number-ditch-panic mode was the only moment of balls I had.
Here's to paying he got my number and will call.
Pray with me, will you?
There is a sliver of hope at the end of this retardo tunnel. I had tweeted "Allonsy" which is the 10th Doctor says when he's about to do something courageous or crazy.
He favorited it.
Listening to:
Ron Pope- "A Drop in the Ocean."
Ivan and Alyosha- "Be Your Man."
Paramore- "Still Into You."
No comments:
Post a Comment