Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Frustrated
I know I was going to keep talking about my journey with getting thyroid cancer and all but surprisingly-- its not whats the biggest stress in my life right.
I think you've all heard of him. The big guy. My favorite guy. Grandpa.
So the long story short with him is early March he has his knee replaces. Pretty run of the mill, went to rehab, came home, had physical therapy and was rocking it.
Cut to 2 weeks at home and he goes into the hospital for a week until they take out his gallbladder. No big deal right? It healed quickly but he went back to rehab to have someone helping him at a whim.
Then he comes home.
I don't know if they turned him into a giant baby or what while he was in rehab but he has become MUSH! Just a 75 yr old baby who can't do anything for himself. When a doctor tells him to do something, he refuses. When we try to help him, he snaps back rudely. I'm beginning to think he's trying to try my mother and I in the house with him forever. Which would had been fine! I love my house and never wanna be without it as a place to go, but after a trip to Atlanta, Ive been thinking differently.
With his neediness, its exhausting. Just tonight, I gave him his nighttime medicine, got a fresh glass of water, emptied his pee bottles and said goodnight because I wanted to get to sleep. Then I remembered I had done laundry and went to hang it up and I hear him yelling from across the house for me.
"What?"
"Come rub my back."
"I'm hanging up clothes, be there in a min."
"Come now."
REALLY? I made him wait. And he does this to my mother every morning. Shes really stepped up to take care of him and I commend her to the moon and back but I think there should be a line. She, herself, is trying to go out on disability. She wakes up in the morning and can't walk sometimes and she has to get up and take care of this invalid who is just not trying to make himself better.
Now I feel guilty saying he's not trying entirely. Today we found out that he has a broken back?! How that even happened I will never know. They plan on inject a glue in there to heal the break and he should be better.
The weird part is that he was FINE until the 1st surgery. Both my mom and I look at each other and think "this isn't what I thought it was going to be like." I can say I understand now why people pay others to watch their elderly relatives. Its beyond tiresome.
I just want him to get better. Not to have us at his beckon call every 5 seconds and cry for 10 mins because we forgot he had a doctors appt. We need to live our lives too! Mom needs to get better. I have a surgery coming up in 17 days and I will be damned if I have to take care of him while I'm recovering from a body part being removed from me!!
In other news:
- My crush from ATL had come to visit...not interested in me. SURPRISE SURPRISE. Regardless shes a cool chick so if anything I gained a - friend right? (and yes, you are reading that correctly. She. I don't tell me heart what to feel.
- Work is just as fantastic as ever. Stress city ladies and gents! I know its just a matter of time before I'm pushed out. Worst feeling ever.
- BD had gone off to Girlfriendtown weather he wants to admit it or not.
- And I give up on love once again. Whateva. Clearly it just messes people up.
Someday things will change but this is just another day in the life of JHenry.
Listening to:
Kevin Devine: I used to be Someone
Panic! At the Disco: Always
Freedom Fry: Friends and Enemies
Rogue Wave: College
Still Corners: Hearts of Fools
Rogue Wave: Eyes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment