Monday, May 25, 2009

Settling


Alright so there has been some interest in my keeping up my blog, here ya go kittens!


I just got back from hanging out with Darci. Shes becoming on of my best friends. Shes 26, has already survived cancer, and is so sweet she gives you a toothache with her personality alone! So because of her I have been in full wedding mode at her beck and call. Which I of course love because its my chosen profession. Anyway, so I have no issues with helping people do their wedding but it seems my biggest blow to my single status always comes from romantic movies.

Let me start by saying, it was a weepy kind of day to begin with. I woke up crying about stupid stuff so that's how it all started. Then comes time out with Darci. We hit the mall and I helped her pick out lingerie for her honeymoon, shes a VERY rare 26 yr old virgin so she was embarrassed and clueless on what guys like. It was pretty entertaining to help someone so clueless out. haha

Then we went to see "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" and that's where the crappy feeling began! I laughed, I cried, and then felt utterly alone afterwards. How am I suppose to go from that feeling of being with someone for 7 years and then to just stopping that idealistic future you had with that person? Don't get me wrong, I kinda dodged a bullet with that one but still. I was always the one who was suppose to get married first, Im the only one of my friends who is dying to have kids, and yet here I am....single as a slice of cheese.

Now keep in mind Im not delusional, I know that the movie happy ending is not gonna happen but still. Where is.... well anyone! Im not particularly picky other than not going back to Mike. 

Long story of patheticness cut short, I agree with Carrie Bradshaw weather I can get it into my head to accept it or not. "Some people are settling down. Some people are settling. And some people won't settle for anything less than butterflies." I guess Im the latter but Id like this to hurry itself up a little.

2 comments:

  1. aww, boo boo... don't be sad!

    i'm glad you posted, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLD OUT FOR BUTTERFLIES!!! I'm not going to settle, and remember, you have a great life, make sure you pick someone great to share it with!

    ReplyDelete